Hello there. Welcome to my Portrait photography page. I am a Bangalore, India based lifestyle portrait photographer, and a visual storyteller.
I believe that ‘The whole world is my studio’. I like to step out of an actual studio and photograph people at real locations and in different environments. My primary objective in portraiture is to bring out in photographs the character and personality of the people being photographed. Sometimes, I also love to play with lights and add a different dimension to a portrait. It all depends on the theme and the unique requirements of the assignment. But, eventually, I want each portrait to tell a story – your story. They say that portraiture is one of the oldest forms of story-telling.
I bring in my experience of photojournalism, editorial photography, and documentary photography skills, into the portraiture works that I undertake. I am available to do commissioned portrait session ranging from editorial portraits, lifestyle family portraits, engagement sessions (pre-wedding couple portrait shoot), newborn portraits, child portraits, corporate headshots, professional headshots, environmental portraits, or portraits of any theme and concept.
If you are not familiar with my portrait photography style, then please take a look at the below links to get acquainted with it.
My Portrait Photography
Click here to see a portfolio of my portraiture work on my website.
Find below, links to my recent Portrait Assignments on my Facebook page & on Adobe Portfolio site.
What is the process of booking me for a Portrait session?
It is simple. There are 7 steps by which I’ll be honored with the responsibility of making your portraits. Indeed, being trusted with this responsibility is an honor for me. I’ll cherish it forever.
- Contact me via the contact form.
- We’ll soon have conversation (over a phone call, video call, coffee or beer too!)
- We agree on a quote/package tailored to your requirements.
- We sign the standard contract online. (Yes. Sign it digitally. No tree being killed for paperwork)
- You Pay the session fee. (And the deal is confirmed!)
- I photograph the session, and you make the final payment at the end of the session. (Your job is done)
- After an intensive time spent editing the work (about 2 to 3 weeks), I deliver the final images on the promised date.
See. It is that simple We can add few more steps after this, like getting your Photo book designed and prints made (Or you return again in future for some more portraits 🙂 ).
How much does it cost to hire my services?
My lifestyle portrait photography collection/package starts from ₹20,000 onward. And they include a set of post-processed high-resolution digital files as the deliverable. Based on the number of sessions, and your additional requirements like photo books, photo prints, and canvas prints, we will always tailor a collection for you. So do write to me for more details on the pricing and products.
What about out-station & destination portraits?
I am based in Bangalore city. But, I travel across the country on assignments (and that’s what I love about my profession and life as a photographer). My portrait photography service costs do not change with location. It will remain the same for a calendar year irrespective of where the session would be held. But, for all out-station & destination portrait shoot sessions, the extra travel costs and accommodation will have to be provided by the clients.
How do we make the payments?
- The booking fee payments can be made online via Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking at my secured payment link on Instamojo or by Bank Transfer.
- The final payments can be done online by the above methods, by cheque or cash too.
- The booking fee is a commitment to honor the contract and confirm the portrait session.
- The final payment is to be done on or before the session date. This ensures that post-production can begin without any delay.
What will our first conversation be like?
As I said earlier, I’ve been a photojournalist. So that’s why I want to connect with you in advance, to get to know you, your story, your likes, your dislikes, and something about your partner, family or friends if they are being photographed with you too. This enables me to capture the storytelling elements or your personality in portraits.
So our conversations will be largely centered around the points that I mentioned above. And yes, we will also discuss the business side of the lifestyle portrait photography too – your budget, your requirements, my quotes, and so on. To make this easier, I will share a questionnaire in advance for you to fill it up before our chat.
Why does it take 2 to 3 weeks to deliver the final images?
The work at any portrait session doesn’t end with just the shoot. There is an intensive time spent by my world-class editing team in editing the photographs.
I see myself as a visual artist and what I give to you as a finished work of art. How would it be if an author gave readers scattered sheets of scribbled text or manuscripts, instead of the crafted final book? I see my services in the same light.
We don’t expect you to waste your precious time shifting through tons of photographs, a majority of which will be of no use to you. Many images would have been shot in succession and will either be duplicates or identical shots. And a lot of them would be either underexposed, blurred or a non-usable shot. So, we take great care in shifting through this pile and giving you the very best (nothing, but the best). And this takes time.
Will you share with us the dump of unedited or RAW images?
The answer is, No.
As I mentioned in the previous question, my team and I take the complete responsibility of shifting through the pile of images to find the best for you, so that you don’t have to do it (you’d rather spend time with your family and friends doing what you love).
Since we do this task, you can be rest assured that there are no great images left out from being given to you. Would I gain anything by not sharing with you something that is good 🙂 ? No, right?
Also, what you see in my portfolio and blog is a polished and edited body of work. All the editing is in the line of with my artistic vision. And this vision is what you have come to like and admire. So any unedited image is not part of my vision and not something that you will like.
Honestly, I am trying to sell you an experience and not sell just another portrait product or package in the market. The above decisions are in line with giving you the best experience possible.
What about Copyrights and licensing?
The copyright model that I follow is what all the lifestyle portrait photographers across India and the rest of the world are following too.
- As a creative professional photographer and as the author of the photographs, I retain the copyrights of the photographs that I create. This is done with a purpose of fair-use.
- As a client, you are given the license to make personal, non-commercial uses of your photographs. That would mean making countless prints/uploads/sharing online with friends & family and practically anything, as long as it doesn’t generate any income for yourself or the people you share them with.
Why is this model followed?
- Fair use for creative professionals and artists like me, is the ability to showcase our work to prospective clients. By fair use, I will probably use the images on my website, blog, the internet, social media, magazine, print or any other medium deemed fit to promote and showcase my work.
- You are a prospective client. You are considering me as the photographer for your portraits because you have seen my work on my website, blog, my social media pages or at a trade show. Or maybe you have read reviews or articles about me and my work on the web or in a publication.
- The reason you have been able to see and appreciate my work is because of this fair use. If you could not see my work, would you hire me? No, right? So, it is fair to let other prospective clients be able to see the good work that I do for you, isn’t it? Now that’s fair-use.
- This is how all contemporary photographers work today.
How do we sign the Portrait Photography Contract with you?
As mentioned earlier, our workflow would include a contract which you(the client) and I (the photographer) will sign. This ensures that we fulfill the contract commitments with highest professional standards. The contract includes all the points mentioned above, your session itinerary, payment schedule, the sales order for your portrait session and other points necessary for a shooting a portrait session.
My clients are located all over the globe. Hence, I follow a paperless method of signing the contract. This saves time and is also good for the environment. Once we agree on a quote, we sign the contract digitally on my client portal.
I hope with this section I have been able to answer all your questions. Now let us make some beautiful photographs! If you have any more questions, do feel free to write to me using the contact form. I am waiting to have that conversation with you 🙂 .