News to share!!!
I along with my friend ( Badekkila Pradeep ) had recently made a short film one of the lost lakes in Bangalore city. The title of the film is Err-bane Truth. I am delighted to let you all know that the short film has won the ‘Lost Lakes of Bangalore’ short film contest organized by India Water Portal.
This is what the organizers of the contest had to say about our film:
In “Err-bane truth” ( a pun on our ‘urbane’ follies) Nishant Ratnakar and Badekkila Pradeep take on possibly the most striking of Bangalore’s lost lakes – Dharmambudhi tank…. Starting off on an imaginative note, the movie then traces the history of Dharmambudhi tank and the factors that lead to its demise in the mid-century. Dharmambudhi Tank was built by Kempe Gowda, the chieftain who founded Bengaluru. A Hoysala dynasty inscription dating back to 1247 AD mentions about Dodda kere. There are indications that Dodda kere was indeed Dharmambudhi Tank. Dharmambudhi Tank was so huge it spread its wings from Gandhinagar to Subedarchatram.
Drawing on the knowledge of experts the movie explores more broadly the role of urban lakes, paints an ominous picture of the future and offers a ray of hope through the restoration work done in Seoul.
For its overall coverage of the topic, research and high technical quality, India Water Portal is pleased to award the first prize in the General category of Rs 15,000/- to “Err-bane Truth” by Nishant Ratnakar and Badekkila Pradeep.
Do watch the entire video shared at the top of this post. Feel free to leave behind your comments on it.
For more on the contest, visit: http://www.indiawaterportal.org/lostlakes
- If you want to follow my updates on Social Media, do like my Facebook Page – Visual Stories By Nishant Ratnakar , or follow me on Google Plus at +NishantRatnakarPhotographer
- If you need to contact me for assignments, photography related queries, or for anything in general :), then do write me using the contact form at this link.
- If you liked this post, then please do share it with others using one of the sharing options given below.
Latest posts by Nishant Ratnakar (see all)
- My Truly Candid Wedding Moments of 2016 - June 2, 2017
- What happens when a photographer hosts a costume party - January 13, 2017
- How I made this family portrait - October 21, 2016